Sections in this article:
- Log Into Your Account And Find The Meeting
- Join The Zoom Meeting
- Join Zoom Meeting From Mobile Device
- Audio Settings in Zoom Meeting
- Change View In Meeting
- Chat Options
- Reaction Options
Log Into Your Account And Find The Meeting
If your meeting is going to be held on Zoom, please log into your HeyPeers account. You can join your meeting from two places: My Meetings page and Your next meetings section displayed on your dashboard home page.
My Meetings page:
Your next meetings section on your dashboard home page
- Your next meetings section is displayed on your dashboard home page when you first log into your account on HeyPeers.
- The JOIN button appears 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
- *Note: get back to your dashboard home page at any time by clicking on the HeyPeers logo in the upper left-hand corner.
Join The Zoom Meeting
The HeyPeers platform allows you to join any meeting at the scheduled meeting start time. After you click to JOIN, you will be taken to a page that says "This meeting will be conducted on zoom."
If you try to join the meeting and the group leader has not yet entered the meeting, you will see a Zoom pop-up dialog with the text “Please wait for the host to start the meeting.”
Once the group leader enters the meeting, one of two steps will follow.
- If the waiting room has not been enabled, you will be immediately brought into the meeting.
- If the waiting room has been enabled, you will be brought into the virtual Zoom waiting room and will remain there until the host allows admits you into the meeting. Please allow a grace period of 5+ minutes to be let in after the start time of the meeting. Some meetings have larger attendance and can take a little longer to admit all members into the meeting space.
For a meeting without the waiting room enabled, you may input a display name or enter the meeting anonymously.
For a meeting with the Zoom waiting room enabled, you will not be able to change your display name.
Instead, you will be brought into the meeting with your first name followed by “- Participant” so that the host will be able to compare the registration list to the names appearing in the waiting room.
Once you are admitted into the meeting, you may change your display name. See the Participants section below for how to change your display once admitted into the meeting.
You see the following pop-up message while in the virtual Zoom waiting room.
Join Zoom Meeting From Mobile Device
If you are trying to join the Zoom meeting from a mobile device, please make sure you have the most recent ZOOM Cloud Meetings app downloaded on your phone.
If you have the Zoom application already on your device, but you do not have the newest version of the app on your phone, when you click Launch Meeting, you may get an error message that the page address is invalid.
If you get an error message, or nothing happens when you click the Press here to join button, or if you get a pop up asking you to download the app again, please uninstall the Zoom app from your device and download the newest version of the Zoom app for mobile devices: ZOOM Cloud Meetings. The app has released new features and older versions will not be compatible with our meetings.
Once you have the newest Zoom app downloaded, make sure all of the old tabs and pages from HeyPeers were closed from when you tried to log in previously. Log back in to your HeyPeers account and go to My Meetings to join the meeting. If you are still having issues, please try to join from a different browser, device or computer. If issues persist, take a screenshot and send it to email@example.com.
Audio Settings in Zoom Meeting
When you are let into the Zoom meeting, you will need to choose your audio settings. Click to "Join with Computer Audio" and if you wish check the box at the bottom that says "Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting."
From the Participants icon, if you hover over your name, a MORE button will appear that will give you the option to “Rename” which allows you to change your display name during a meeting.
Change View in Meeting
Once you are in the meeting, on the top right hand corner, you will see the View icon. Click on this to change from Speaker to Gallery view, or have the meeting window expand to your Fullscreen. We recommend having the view set to Speaker for best video experience.
When you click the Chat icon, the chat box will open to the right.
- Your chats should be set so that "Everyone" can see any chats you send, however some meeting leaders may restrict chat options so that you can only message the meeting host.
- Click the down arrow at the top of the chat box for options to close the chat, or pop out the chat box into a separate window.
Click on Reactions icon to see options for adding an emoji to your video tile like Raise Hand, a heart, or thumbs up.
- If you click on one of the emojis, the emoji will only show up on your video tile a few seconds and then it will go away. You can click on reactions at any time.
- If you click to "Raise Hand," please note that the hand symbol will stay on your video tile until you choose to "Lower Hand."
- You can also click on the 3 dots to see more options of emojis and the option to change your skin tone.