Sections in this article
- Join Your Zoom Meeting
- Group Leaders Join as Host
- Group Leaders Enter Meeting with the Organization Name
- Host Join Screen
- Host Role Functions
- Ending Your Zoom Meeting
Join Your Zoom Meeting
When you log into you HeyPeers account you will brought to the HeyPeers homepage dashboard. You can get back to this screen at anytime on the website by clicking on the HeyPeers logo in the top left hand corner of the page.
When it is within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time of the meeting, all hosts can JOIN the meeting. When you are ready to join your meeting you can do so in 2 different locations: either from your My Meetings tab or the Organization's meeting page.
Group Leaders Join as Host
For all Zoom meetings, group leaders enter the meeting as "Host." This means that the group leader will have full host controls immediately upon entry. There is no need to "claim host role" using a host key. The first group leader to enter the meeting will automatically enter as the main host. The second and third group leaders entering the meeting will claim co-host roles.
Group Leaders Enter Meeting with the Organization Name
All group leaders will be brought into the meeting with the organization name as their display name. This is a limitation by Zoom and cannot be changed. Group leaders must change their display name once in the meeting.
To change your display name, click on the Participants icon, if you hover over your name, a MORE button will appear that will give you the option to “Rename,” which allows you to change your display name during a meeting.
Host Join Screen
A sample join page is provided below. The page will show:
- The name of the meeting
- Name of the Organization
- "This meeting will be conducted on Zoom."
- "Waiting Room" with a checkmark, if the wait room was enabled.
- "You will enter the meeting as Host. Once in the meeting, you will have full control of all aspects of the meeting, including admitting participants into the meeting. No host key is required."
- "Note: You will enter as co-host if another group leader has already started the meeting."
- Your display name upon entry will be: (Name of Organization). Please rename yourself once in the meeting."
- Enter Meeting button.
- Message below the Enter Meeting button says "Please make note of the Host Key, in case you need it within your meeting. Host Key: XXXXXX."
- While you will not need the host key to begin the meeting, please make not of the key in case it is needed during the meeting.
Audio Settings in Zoom Meeting
When Zoom opens, you will need to choose your audio settings. Click to "Join with Computer Audio" and if you wish check the box at the bottom that says "Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting."
Host Role Functions
After you claim the Host Role, you will see more icons across the bottom of the meeting screen.
You will also see that your options within the Participants panel changed. You now can Mute All participants. If you click on the More dropdown, you will see options for locking the meeting, allowing participants to unmute themselves, allow participants to change their display name and start their own video. See the images below for reference.
Participants panel view after Host Role is claimed:
Participants panel More dropdown options:
Ending Your Zoom Meeting
Very important: at the end of the meeting, click the End button in the bottom right corner, and a small pop up option will appear. You must choose the option to End Meeting for All. If you click Leave Meeting, it will allow participants to remain in the meeting space unsupervised, and could block another meeting from being able to start because the assigned Zoom account for the organization is still in use.
Visit Zoom Support for more questions about meeting functions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
Contact HeyPeers Support for any other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org