We recommend you view and update your address and time zone by clicking on the Account dropdown, choosing Settings, and then scrolling to the Address section on the Account Info tab.
Please note: We only store the city, state and zip code of your address in our system. See below for more information.
To update your address and time zone:
- Log in to your profile on HeyPeers from your mobile or desktop computer.
- From a desktop or laptop computer:
- Click on Account on the top right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings.
- From a mobile device:
- Click on the menu button on the top right-hand corner.
- Click on Account.
- Click on Settings.
- On the Account Info tab, scroll down to the Address section.
- Click inside the box that says "Please enter your address here."
- You must type your full address, including the house number, street, city, state and zip code.
- The technical requirements for this internal form that collects the city, state and zip code to store in the system is powered by Google. This means a user must type in their full address until Google finds that exact address. Then the form stores ONLY the city, state and zip code in our system to capture the correct time zone to display, and to be compliant with the location and state restrictions of some organizations.*
- *Your zip code instructs our platform what time meetings should be displayed for you based on your local time zone. It is important to keep your address up to date so that we can make sure your time zone continues to be displayed properly throughout the year with daylight savings time changes. If you move to a new time zone, or will be in a different time for an extended period, please change your address to reflect the zip code you are in.
- *Your city, state and zip code also captures basic location demographics. Some organizations have state-related and/or county-specific restrictions. The technical requirements for the internal form that collects the city, state and zip code to store in the system is powered by Google. This means a user must type in the full address (including the house number and street name) until Google finds the exact address. Then form stores ONLY the city, state and zip code in our system to be in compliance with the demographic and state restrictions of organizations.
- Once you have typed enough of the address for Google to find it, select the address, and then click the yellow Save Location button.
- Then scroll to the bottom of Account Info page, and click the yellow Save button.