Live Caption provides text to follow along with the spoken parts of a video meeting.
Note: Live Caption on the Chrome browser is only available in the English language.
Turn on Live Caption for video meetings and media that you view in Chrome.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Advanced Accessibility Captions.
- Turn on Live Caption.
Customize the captions to make them easier to read.
- Collapse and expand captions with the arrow on the caption box.
- Select the captions to move them to your preferred place on your browser.
- Change your caption font, size, color, and opacity.
- Change the background color and opacity.
- To turn on captions when in a video, click Media control button on the top right.
- To use live captions for videos that autoplay, turn on the video volume.
- When you click away from the tab with sound, live captions will appear in a hover-bubble that you can drag. To return to the tab with audio, click.
Google Chrome Help Link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/10538231?hl=en