Your organization may have specifically structured meetings, and you can create Meeting Templates to streamline the scheduling of those meetings.
To do so, first, go to heypeers.com and log into your account. You will be brought to your HeyPeers homepage that will read Choose Your Destination. On that page, you can access your organization by clicking Organizations tab at the top-right of the page, or by clicking on the Support Organization tile in the middle of your screen.
You will then be brought to the Organization Led Support Groups page. Click the Manage Organizations button located at the top middle of the page. You will see a tile with your organization name and logo, and it will show a Profile button on the left corner of the tile and a Manage button on the right corner of the tile. Click on the Manage button.
You will be brought to a new page called Manage Organization. On the right side of the screen click on the plus sign icon. A dropdown menu will appear. Select Manage Templates from the dropdown menu.
You will be brought to the Templates page. Click the New Template button to create a new meeting template.
A new page will open to create the new meeting template. This template will help when you go to schedule meetings of this type in the future by having the basic information and settings for the meeting already saved in a template.
Fill out the following information:
- Template name - This will help you identify the meeting when you go to schedule the meeting later.
- Meeting Type - Select the main lived experience focus from the dropdown list. If it is not listed then select General or Other.
- Meeting name - Enter the meeting name.
- Support Topic - Does this meeting have a series of different topics? If yes, then write the entire topic list here and write a sentence or two about each topic. When you schedule a meeting later, you can then select the applicable topic(s) for that meeting.
- Special Focus - List the lived experiences and/or conditions the topic will apply to.
- Hours - Click on the dropdown menu to designate hour 0-3 for the meeting length.
- For example, if the meeting is only 45 minutes long, you will select Hours-0, and then enter the meeting minutes in the next dropdown.
- Minutes - Click on the dropdown menu to designate minutes 00, 15, 30, or 45 for the minutes.
- For example, if the meeting is an hour and a half, you will select Hours-1, Minutes-30.
- Price - If you leave it empty the meeting will be FREE. If you would like to set a price please be sure to input the amount of dollar and cents to the total price. An example is 5.99.
- Pricing type - Designate in dropdown list whether it is a free or paid meeting.
- Max attendees - Type a number to set your maximum number of attendees, or use the arrow buttons on the right of the box. We recommend your meeting size be no more than 24.
- Post meeting survey - select one of the organizations pre-made surveys from the dropdown list. If you do not have any made, select DEFAULT or NONE. See Manage Surveys for help creating surveys for your organization.
- Pre meeting survey - if you check this box, you will be able to offer a survey to meeting attendees before the meeting starts. Select one of the organizations pre-made surveys from the dropdown list. If you do not have any made, select DEFAULT or NONE. See Manage Surveys for help creating surveys for your organization.
- Show survey within meeting session - toggle this button (green if turned ON, white if turned OFF) to allow members to take the meeting survey during the meeting.
- Location - choose HeyPeers or Zoom from the dropdown menu for the location where you will be holding your meeting.
- Checkbox Options:
- Make this Meeting Private - if you check this box, the meeting will be private and a box will appear for you to set a meeting passcode. Private meetings are password protected and only HeyPeers users who have the password will be allowed to join the meeting. Even though it it is private, please note that the meeting will still be viewable for others to register, but they will not be able to join without having the password. Please note: you must email the meeting passcode to your registered attendees before the meeting begins.
- Exclusive - if you check this box, the meeting will not be displayed in the public meetings directory. They will only appear in the “My Meetings” page of the assigned Group Leader. From there the Group Leader can invite others to the meeting.
- Allow donations - if you check this box, HeyPeers users are able to voluntarily contribute a donation in the amount they choose to show their appreciation to the organization.
- Enable wait room - if you check this box, all attendees will enter into a waiting room before the start of the meeting. The host will then let the member in one at a time. This is an extra step for security and monitoring the members who are supposed to be in the meeting.
- Enable waiting list - if you check this button, a waiting list will be created when the meeting has reached the max registration limit. For example, if you set the max attendees to 10 people, when the 11th person tries to register, instead of a Register button, they will see a button that says Join Waiting List. If someone who is registered cancels, the system will automatically off the available seat to the first person on the waiting list.
- Meeting Description - Create a general meeting description.
- Comments - Add comments about this meeting if necessary.
- Add documents - Click the Add Documents button to attach documents that you want shared with meeting attendees and/or to assist the Host of the meeting. Click Select Document button to choose the document(s) from your organization’s Resource Library. Continue to click Add Documents to upload documents into the specific meeting.
- If you do not have any documents to choose from, see Resource Library for more help with how to add resource documents to your organization.
Click the SAVE AND CREATE MEETING TEMPLATE button to save the meeting template.