If this is the first time you will be facilitating an online support group, your web browser may prompt you to enable plugins or ask permission to use your microphone and webcam. Please allow your web browser to access these necessary tools.
Google Chrome (Windows & macOS)
- Open Chrome and navigate to HeyPeers.com
- Click the icon with three dots at the right of the address bar.
- In the dialog box, select Settings to open Settings in a new browser tab.
- At the left, click Advanced to expand the menu, then click Privacy and security.
- Click Site Settings.
- Select Camera or Microphone.
- Select HeyPeers.com from the list of previously visited sites.
- Under Permissions, change the setting for Camera and/or Microphone to Allow by using the drop-down menu at right.
- Close the Settings tab.
Google Chrome (Android)
- Open Chrome and navigate to HeyPeers.com.
- Tap the icon with three dots at the right of the address bar.
- Tap Site Settings.
- Tap Camera or Microphone, then tap to turn On (if needed).
- If HeyPeers.com appears in the Block list, tap the site, then change the settings for Camera and/or Microphone to Allow.
- Exit Settings.
Microsoft Edge (Windows & macOS)
- Open Edge and navigate to HeyPeers.com.
- Click the lock icon at the left of the address bar.
- In the dialog box, use the drop-down menu to the right of Camera and/or Microphone to change setting(s) to Ask or Allow.
- Close the dialog box.
- Refresh the page to update settings.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu> System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
- Select Microphone.
- Select the tickbox next to an app to allow it to access the microphone.
- Deselect the tickbox to turn off access for that app.
- If you turn off access for an app you’re asked to turn it on again next time the app tries to your microphone.
- If you will be screen sharing on your Mac, there are new security settings you must enable. See this article for instructions: Enable Screen Recording Permission for macOS Catalina (10.15) and Later.