HeyPeers has provided some questions that will help you build an informative profile that users can reference when they are looking for a Peer Supporter to work with. To fill out your profile, go to the Account dropdown menu and click on Settings.
You will be brought to your Account - Settings page.
The first tab on this page is the Account Information tab. You will notice it is called Personal Information.
- Usernames cannot be an email address, personal information, phone number or use "HeyPeers" in the title. "HeyPeers Certified" titles are reserved for HeyPeers hired staff. To inquire about HeyPeers Certified, please contact Customer Care: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please see Meeting Behavior Expectations and Chat Room Behavior Expectations for more guidelines.
- First & Last Name
- Email (if it is not already up to date)
- If you need to change your email, please send a request to email@example.com.
- Date of birth
- About me
- Emergency contact name
- Emergency contact phone number
- Address (City, State, Zip Code and Country - we do not save your street address)
- Please note the address field is powered by Google. You need to begin typing your full address until the drop down finds your address, and then click the yellow Save Location button. You will see your full address in the address field you just typed in, but if you refresh the page, the full address will no longer show. Only the City, State, Zip Code and Country will be saved.
Once you have update any information, click the yellow Save button on the bottom left-hand corner of the page at any time to save changes.
You can also upload a Profile Picture and/or Avatar. Your profile picture gives the first visual impression to HeyPeers users. We recommend that your profile picture is an image where your face is clearly visible, inviting and shows a bit of your personality!
- Be mindful of the background of your image so that it’s not distracting or inappropriate. We recommend the size of your image is 200 px X 200 px no greater that 2 MB.
- If you prefer anonymity you can upload an avatar graphic to your profile.
You can also change your password on the Account Info tab.
- To change the password, type in your current password, then type in your NEW password in the next two fields, and then click the yellow Save button on the bottom left-hand corner.