In the very RARE event you need to remove an attendee, who is not upholding the HeyPeers expectations, from your group meeting or coaching session, before any action is made to remove them, please first interact with them and address them directly. Here are some guidelines:
- First time - remind the participant about the specific guideline that they need to adhere to.
- Second time - again remind the participant about the specific guideline that they need to adhere to. Also, warn them that if they continue to not be able to respect the guidelines that they will be removed from the meeting.
- Third time - tell the participant that they have continued to violate the meeting guidelines and for that reason, you are removing them from the meeting. Please report their inappropriate behavior by clicking on the (...) next to their name in the Participants panel. Select the "Report Abusive Behavior" option in the dropdown menu. Remove them.
As a reminder here are the HeyPeers expectations for attendees:
- Discussions made during the group must remain confidential, especially as people sometimes open up to (very personal) details.
- Attendees must not be discourteous to others in the group and must not discriminate or be derogatory on the grounds of gender, race, sexuality, disability, religion, etc.
- Attendees must not be disrespectful of the views of others in the group nor to their methods of coping with their struggles (this does not mean that the validity of views and methods cannot be respectfully challenged).
- Attendees must be mindful to allow others to speak during discussions.
- Attendees must not make any false statements (in public or otherwise) about the group nor about people in the group.
- Attendees and visitors attending the group meeting or any other activities organized by the group do so at their own risk.