Please read below some general platform recommendations on how to best experience HeyPeers.
We highly recommend that you read Tips for the Best Video Meeting Experience to make sure your computer/device is set up properly for the video meeting.
- In general, whether joining from a mobile device or computer, make sure your browser view is set at 100% (Actual Size). If you zoom in our out, it can cause errors in the video quality and cause parts of the meeting to be cut off from view. See the section on Browser "View" Settings for more instructions.
- Joining from a Windows PC on Chrome, or Mac from Safari typically provides a seamless experience.
- Close all unneeded browser tabs and applications so HeyPeers has more CPU/Memory available for your audio/video.
- Please see Recommended Web Browser for the best browser options for your device.
- If you will be screen sharing on a Mac computer, you must the Chrome browser, and enable the security settings. See this article for instructions: Enable Screen Recording Permission for macOS Catalina (10.15) and Later.
- On iOS (Apple) Smartphones, the Safari browser on the phone is recommended.
- On Android devices, Chrome works well.
- If you are on WiFi, the video will work better if it is not overloaded with too many devices connected at the same time.
- Using an external device plugged into your computer or mobile device, (bluetooth headsets, cameras, etc.) may be incompatible.
- We recommend avoiding Bluetooth if you can. You can get better quality with wired or non-Bluetooth wireless headphones.
- For video, it is best to use the camera that is built into your device or computer, if possible.
Permissions and Plugins
- Your web browser may prompt you to enable plugins or ask permission to use your microphone and webcam. Please see Enabling Plugins and Permissions for guidance.