In the event a HeyPeers user is being inappropriate and/or harassing you in a 1:1 Chat Room, a Private Group Chat Room and/or a Public Group Chat Room, you are able to report them.
To do so click on their circle avatar image. A popup window will appear. Select from the following options:
- Thoughtful listener
- Made me feel respected
- Helpful suggestion
- Nonjudgemental and accepting
- Extremely Helpful
- Malicious/Inappropriate Behavior
By clicking on the "Malicious/ Inappropriate Behavior" option, it will alert the HeyPeers Behavior Team and they will contact the user about violating the HeyPeers expectations for users. As a reminder they are the following:
- Discussions made during the group must remain confidential, especially as people sometimes open up to (very personal) details.
- Users must not be discourteous to others in the group and must not discriminate or be derogatory on the grounds of gender, race, sexuality, disability, religion, etc.
- Users must not be disrespectful of the views of others in the group nor to their methods of coping with their struggles (this does not mean that the validity of views and methods cannot be respectfully challenged).
- Users must be mindful to allow others to speak during discussions.
- Users must not make any false statements (in public or otherwise) about the group nor about people in the group.
- Users engaging in a 1:1 Chat Room, a Private Group Chat Room and/or a Public Group Chat Room do so at their own risk.