Before you start attending video-based online support groups or join chat rooms, we recommend that you complete your Profile.
Sections in this article:
- Account Settings
- Account Info
- Payment Method
- Notification Center
To complete your profile go to the top right corner of your HeyPeers screen and select the Account dropdown menu and select Settings.
You will be brought to your Account - Settings page.
Account - Settings tabs:
- Account Info - personal information
- Preferences - designate your gender, language preferences, peer support interests, and preferred modes of communication to help create great boundaries for future interactions with HeyPeers users and Peer Supporters
- Subscription - view or change your subscription plan
- Payment Method - designate what credit or debit card will pay for video-based online support groups that have a registration fee
- Notification Center - update email and text notifications
Click on the Account Info tab. You will notice it is called Personal Information. It is very important that you fill in your personal information:
- Username (cannot be an email address, website, phone number or say HeyPeers)
- First & Last Name
- Email (if it is not already up to date)
- Date of birth
- About me
- Emergency contact name
- Emergency contact phone number
- Address (City, State, Zip Code and Country - we do not save your street address)
- Please note the address field is powered by Google. You need to begin typing your full address until the drop down finds your address, and then click the yellow Save Location button. You will see your full address in the address field you just typed in, but if you refresh the page, the full address will no longer show. Only the City, State, Zip Code and Country will be saved.
Once you have update any information, click the yellow Save button on the bottom left-hand corner of the page at any time to save changes.
You can also upload a Profile Picture and/or Avatar. Your profile picture gives the first visual impression to HeyPeers users. We recommend that your profile picture is an image where your face is clearly visible, inviting and shows a bit of your personality!
- Be mindful of the background of your image so that it’s not distracting or inappropriate. We recommend the size of your image is 200 px X 200 px no greater that 2 MB.
- If you prefer anonymity you can upload an avatar graphic to your profile.
You can also change your password on the Account Info tab.
- To change the password, type in your current password, then type in your NEW password in the next two fields, and then click the yellow Save button on the bottom left-hand corner.
Once you have completed your Account Info tab, click on the Preferences tab. You will notice it is called Connection Preferences. These preferences will be shared on your public profile. Designating your gender, language preferences, peer support interests, and preferred modes of communication will help create great boundaries for future interactions with HeyPeers users and Peer Supporters.
Click on the yellow Save button to update your connection preferences.
Once you have completed Preferences, click over to the Subscription tab. This will display your current subscription plan. If you want to change your plan, click the “Change Plan” button and select the new subscription plan you would like to utilize.
Once you have completed the Subscription tab, click over to the Payment Method tab. This is where you will designate what credit or debit card will pay for video-based online support groups that have a registration fee. Click on the green +ADD CARD button. A popup window will appear, please fill out the necessary information and then click to Add your designated card.
Once you have completed the Payment Method tab, click over to the Notification Center tab.
You can designate whether you want to be notified via email, text message or both.
The toggle will be green when the notification is turned ON. If the toggle is white, that notification option is turned OFF.
- Toggle the button so it is green if you want to turn ON the Allow text notifications and/or Allow Email notifications. If you want to turn OFF a notification, toggle the button so it is white.
- Check all the boxes to designate when you want to be notified.
- If you want to receive text message notifications, type in your phone number (including area code) and follow the instructions for verifying your phone number. Once you verify your number a green Verified message will appear next to your number.
- Click the yellow Save button to complete your preferences.
For step-by step instructions (including images) for how to verify your mobile phone for text notifications: Updating Email and Text Notifications