You can promote your Peer Supporter services and gain new opportunities to support peers. Good news is by just joining HeyPeers, thousands of HeyPeers users now have access to your services. Here are some recommendations on how to promote your services internally within HeyPeers and externally on social media.
Create a Chat room
Chat rooms and be an active participant in chat conversations. Not all members of the HeyPeers Community post in the chatrooms, but there are thousands that are monitoring. By posting regularly, you demonstrate your expertise and usefulness to others.
Offer Programs or Mini-series with Multiple Meetings
Whether you are certified in specific supportive methodologies or know of a good book to facilitate a book club with, offering the HeyPeers Community special program series meetings can bring about new opportunities to develop trusted relationships with your meeting participants.
You may improve your ability to find an audience if you select a specific group within a broader area of interest. For example, there are many groups for people who are suffering with depression but you can "niche down" into a particular subgroup of people looking for depression support. We suggest offering a depression support group focused around:
Living with depression and a chronic illness
- Managing depression at work
Social Media Promotion
Promote Your Services on Social Media
- Create simple graphics promoting your scheduled support group meetings, 1:1 coaching sessions and chatrooms. You can use Canva - a free service that helps you create cool looking graphics that can be easily shared on your social media accounts.
- Regularly post about the support groups you host, chats you manage, and peer coaching.
- Add Hashtags to your social media posts about your services and upcoming meetings. Use hashtags that are relevant to your topic, your lived experience, your expertise and as always anything #peer #peersupport.
Hashtags to Consider Using (Don’t forget to tag @heypeers):
Additional Social Media Platforms to consider using:
- On your blog or podcast
Sample Social Media Posts
Here are examples of social media posts that you can feel to use to introduce your HeyPeers services to your community.
- I recently joined @heypeers, a peer-to-peer platform that hosts support groups and 1:1 coaching. Check out my HeyPeers profile, linked in my bio!
- I provide peer support through @heypeers. I help folks struggling with [condition] feel less alone through support groups and 1:1 coaching. If you are interested in learning more, my HeyPeers profile is linked in my bio.
If you want to promote meetings around specific topics or events, we recommend looking at national and global awareness days, as well as holidays. See Mental Health Awareness Days for more ideas.