The HeyPeers chat room offering is another way for you to become a vital part of the HeyPeers community. The chat rooms are always open and free to any HeyPeers users. The chat rooms are intended for text-based discussions. Whether you have experience monitoring and hosting text-based chat rooms here are some reasons why we encourage you to create chat rooms.
- It’s a GREAT way to introduce yourself! On the HeyPeers Chat page, users will see a contact book icon on the left panel labeled Peer Supporters. When they click on it they will see a list of all the HeyPeers Peer Supporters and when they click on the PROFILE button associated with a Peer Supporter, HeyPeers users will be able to see what meetings and chat rooms you host.
- Chat rooms also allow you to facilitate text-based discussions and support HeyPeers users in your area of expertise.
- Chat rooms help cultivate trust between HeyPeers users and yourself. This will encourage users to join a video-based support group meeting and/or 1:1 coaching session.
Before you create a chatroom here are a few things to consider:
- First, go to the CHAT page in HeyPeers and familiarize yourself with the different chatrooms that are live and active. Join a couple, if you feel led, and participate as a HeyPeers user.
- On the Chat page search for a topic that you feel is missing. If there aren't any chatrooms representing that topic, you may want to consider creating your own chatroom. If there is a list of chatrooms that cover that topic, think about how you may create a chatroom that would differentiate yourself from the other chatrooms.
- The chatrooms are live 24/7, HeyPeers users will most likely engage your chatroom when you are NOT currently logged into HeyPeers. Before you create a chatroom we ask that you make a commitment to go into each chatroom you host and engage and respond to messages you missed at least once a day. If that is not a commitment you can keep we do not recommend starting a chatroom.