HeyPeers exists to allow the free exchange of ideas and experiences for the benefit of all attendees. These meeting behavior expectations are set in place so as to maintain the safety and health of the meeting participants, and to protect others from triggering or harmful comments.
Please review the following meeting behavior expectations of all HeyPeers users:
- Discussions made during the group must remain confidential, especially as people sometimes open up to (very personal) details.
- Users must not be discourteous to others in the group and must not discriminate or be derogatory on the grounds of gender, race, sexuality, disability, religion, etc.
- Users must not be disrespectful of the views of others in the group nor to their methods of coping with their struggles (this does not mean that the validity of views and methods cannot be respectfully challenged).
- Users must be mindful to allow others to speak during discussions.
- Users must not make any false statements (in public or otherwise) about the group nor about people in the group.
- Users must not use their email address, phone number or use "HeyPeers" in their username.
- Users must not share personal information such as emails or phone numbers.
- Users should not request personal information of others.
- Users must not engage in romantic or sexual discussion at any time; including but not limited to: innuendos, statements implying feelings, or expressing any extra connection felt or expected of a person beyond that of peer support in the appropriate topic.
- Users should not use specific names of medications, or dosage amounts, when sharing in the chatrooms. It is acceptable to discuss taking medications in general, and you can reference the classification of medications (anti-depressants, SSRI's, SNRI's, etc.) in order to receive and give support.
- Users must not share, or direct others, to any other platform such as Skype, Facebook, whatsapp, etc.
- Users should only share resources that are relevant to recovery (wellness wheel, WRAP plan, workbooks, etc.).
- Users must not post links to other platforms or websites.
- Users must not solicit funds from anyone in the room.
- Users must engage in encouraging and supportive conversation free from judgment, harassment, exploitation, and advice.
Please be aware of these expectations for yourself and others in the meetings you attend.
If there are expressed concerns about repeated violations of these guidelines that negatively impact other members during meetings, please be aware of the steps that can be taken.
- If a group leader of a meeting believes you are violating these expectations, you can and will be removed from any meeting.
- Organizations and Peer Supporters have the discretion to remove any members from individual meetings, and may remove members from any future meeting registrations based on continued policy violations.
- If continued violations occur after being contacted by HeyPeers management, a suspension can be placed on a users account, preventing access to all chat rooms, and removal from all future meeting registrations.
- Removal of suspension will be determined by HeyPeers management.
If someone is violating behavior expectations in a chat room, please see Reporting-User-Behavior-In-a-Chat-Room.